Good evening everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! I managed to work on a couple of projects this past weekend. I finally finished piecing this large applique quilt by Blackbird Designs. Those dresden's were a pickle to put together. I broke 4 needles making this work - will definitely have to think about how I am going to quilt them since I can't cross the intersection where all the blades meet. Argh! Perhaps after it is quilted I will have to sew a large button in the center of each. We shall see...... I also got all the pieces glued down on a Christmas quilt I am working on. I can't wait to start stitching these down. Now I just need to find time to "kwilt" my Halloween quilt hanging in the closet and get the backing put together for the one I finished this weekend. Don't want to get behind this early in the year.
I managed to finish up Maggie's quilt today. We used a design in the outer border called Brocade and a design allover in the middle called Frenzy. Wool batting and a tan thread. I really like how this one turned out - the fabrics and the panel are really pretty. Nice work Maggie! Hope you like the way it turned out. Take care, Richla